The following scholarships and awards are either offered by FBLA-PBL.
PBL Distinguished Business Leader Scholarship
This scholarship is designed to recognize outstanding PBL members for their activity and involvement in the association. The number of scholarships given depends on yearly contributions to the PBL scholarship fund.
Application Receipt Deadline: April 1
Individual Award: Determined by amount collected.
- Open to PBL members who plan to continue to pursue a postsecondary or postgraduate education.
- Must be dues-paid members of PBL.
- Must have achieved the Director, Executive, or President level of the CMAP program.
- Each application must be accompanied by a one-page cover letter summarizing PBL, business, leadership, and community activities; a resume outlining PBL activities, educational achievements, etc. and two letters of recommendation—one from a chapter adviser and the other from a business/community leader.
- Applications must meet all of the criteria to be considered.
PBL NLC & IFL Scholarships
The PBL National Leadership Conference (NLC)/Institute for Leaders (IFL) Scholarship is a program funded through the diversion of $1 of each member’s national dues. The purpose of the scholarship is to award outstanding PBL members with scholarships that serve as leadership investments to assist members in attending the NLC or the IFL, which is held in conjunction with the NLC each year. The NLC Scholarship amount will be $400 and the IFL Scholarship will be $115.
Application Procedure: Members who wish to be considered for a PBL NLC or IFL scholarship must be on record as having paid local, state, and national dues by April 15 and submit an interactive application and accompanying materials by April 15 to the national center.
Application Materials should include:
- Transcript of Grades.
- Two letters of Recommendation. One letter must be from the candidate’s local or state PBL adviser. Each letter should be limited to no more than one page and should highlight the applicant’s PBL activities and leadership skills.
- One Page Essay. The topic for the essay is: ‘How Has PBL Enhanced Your Leadership Skills?’